Westborn Market was “Born Local” in 1963. In honor of their 50th Anniversary in Michigan, the specialty market is celebrating the milestone with special events at all of their locations throughout the months of May-September 2013.
Founded by George and Jeanette Anusbigian in Dearborn as a corner fruit market, Westborn Market has since grown to three locations – Dearborn, Berkley and Livonia – and has become known for their expansive selection of fresh, fine quality fruit and produce. The market also offers a wide selection of dairy, bakery items, gourmet groceries, meat, party trays, prepared meals, fruit baskets, fine wines, flowers and full floral design and delivery services and much more.
To this day Westborn remains family-owned and-operated by the Anusbigian’s three sons –Mark, Jeff and Anthony Anusbigian. As a Michigan company, Westborn is committed to the communities they are in and to supporting other local companies. Westborn carries a wide array of Made-in-Michigan products in their dedicated, “Local Dome” section. Shelves are stocked with cherries, chocolates, salty snacks, pop, wine, beer, salsas and many more wonderful products, including easily recognized brands like Better Made and Faygo to Northern Michigan favorites like Cherry Republic and Grocer’s Daughter. Shoppers will even find Westborn’s newest products they developed, including Cherry BBQ Sauce, Cherry Salsa and Cherry Dipping oil are all made right here in Michigan. Their support of additional Michigan events reaches further than their locations as Westborn returns as a sponsor of the Detroit Summer Beer Fest which will take place June 21-22 in Campus Martius in Detroit.
Along with the freshness and uniqueness of their products, much of Westborn’s success over the past 50 years is also attributed to their mission to provide every guest with the highest level of customer service. They believe in treating their customers as friends and respecting their employees as family and because of this, Westborn is hosting the following events from May-September which are open to the public:
- Customer Appreciation Birthday Party (Food Giveaway) – Dearborn: June 1
- Customer Appreciation Birthday Party (Food Giveaway) – Livonia: June 2
- Customer Appreciation Birthday Party (Food Giveaway) – Berkley: June 15
- Meet Michigan Event (Michigan Vendor Spotlight and Sampling Event) – Berkley: June 15-16
- Meet Michigan Event (Michigan Vendor Spotlight and Sampling Event) – Livonia: July 13-14
- Meet Michigan Event (Michigan Vendor Spotlight and Sampling Event) – Dearborn: August 10
- Annual Champagne Cruise during Dream Cruise (Charity Event for Forgotten Harvest) – Berkley: August 16
- Meet Michigan Event (Michigan Vendor Spotlight and Sampling Event) – Berkley: September 14-15