Summary: Try this savory and sweet mix of rustic pulled pork and our own cherry barbecue sauce.
- 3-5 Pound Pork Shoulder (Bone-in)
- Westborn’s Michigan Cherry BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Paprika
- Set oven to 250F. Let pork sit out for at least 1 hour to get to room temperature.
- Mix the seasonings and sugars together to make the dry rub.
- Liberally rub dry rub until the entire roasted is coated.
- Place pork on roasting pan and cook for 6-8 hours, until internal temp is approximately 200F, this will allow the meat to pull.
- Remove from oven, transfer pork to large cutting board and let sit for 10 minutes. Using two forks, pull the meat into shreds.
- Transfer meat to platter and drizzle with Michigan Cherry BBQ sauce. Serve as a main course or on a toasted bun with slaw or even on cachapas (corn cake).
Number of servings (yield): 12