A classic, refreshing dish made even better when using seasonal Michigan tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 lb plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 c chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 thick slices of crusty bread, toasted
- Mix tomatoes, herbs and liquids in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Hold at room temperature.
- Spoon tomato mix onto toasted baguette slice and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6