Summary: A crunchy, chocolatey version of pecan pie.
- 1 gluten-free pie crust (unbaked) or mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup gluten-free brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of Jessica’s Vanilla Maple granola
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine melted butter with brown sugar and brown rice syrup. Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Stir Jessica’s granola, chocolate chips and pecans into brown sugar mixture. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until filling looks set. The top of the pie will become very dark brown.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe Courtesy of Jessica’s Natural Foods.