We’re always looking for great people!
As a family-owned, independent market we know that our people truly make the difference. That’s why we are always interested in hearing from highly motivated, passionate people looking for a career at Westborn Market, not just another job. When you join Westborn Market, you’ll work in a respectful, fun environment as well as learn about great food and great customer service.
We are currently looking for a Wine & Beverage Specialist
Do you want to work in the exciting world of wine and craft beer sales? Do your friends or family ask you for advice on what wine to pair with their favorite dishes? Do you consider yourself a foodie? Do you love speaking with people about these passions?
If you are nodding your head yes, then we would like to set up an interview and discuss your future. We are currently looking to fill multiple positions with high quality customer service-oriented individuals that meet the above description and want to join one of Michigan’s premier specialty markets. We are looking for to fill full and part-time positions at all of our locations. These locations are in Berkley, Dearborn, Livonia and are newest location in Plymouth.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The positions primary objective is to storage and rotation of goods and help maintain a clean well merchandised department.
- The positions primary objective is to hand-sell wine/beverages in a retail environment.
- The positions primary objective is to educate our guests and service our knowledgeable wine guests with a high level of customer service.
The Beverage Specialist’s knowledge requirements:
- The position must have knowledge of all grapes, vineyards, regions and reds, whites and other kind of wines from all over the world.
- The position must have experience in tasting many various kinds in order to speak with sound knowledge and authority.
- The position must be have knowledge in “wine pairing” wherein matching wine with food in order to maximize the tastes.
- The position must know selection, pouring and selling of wine and beer. Finesse and charm are needed and the Beverage Specialist must make the wine/beer drinking experience for customers a delight they can never forget.
Competitive salary, benefits which include the choice of: Blue Cross Blue Shield or Blue Care Network Health Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental and Disability Insurance, Employee Discount and 401(k).